The Bose Soundlink Mini is one of the top portable Bluetooth speakers you can buy thanks to its incredible sound quality and compact, lightweight design. But even the best tech gadgets can sometimes run into problems.
If you’re having issues with your Soundlink Mini like connectivity drops, poor audio, trouble pairing devices, or unresponsive buttons, then resetting the speaker to factory default settings often fixes these problems.
Resetting the Soundlink Mini speaker is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. It will completely clear out any software glitches and restore the speaker to its original out-of-the-box condition.
A reset can get your Soundlink Mini working like new again. This quick fix can solve all kinds of issues before you need to try more complicated troubleshooting steps or speaker replacement.
In this blog post, I’ll walk through the quick and easy process to reset your Bose Soundlink Mini speaker. I’ll cover what you need to do before a reset, step-by-step reset instructions, what to expect after a reset, how to repair your phone or tablet, tips for avoiding future issues, and more.
With just a simple factory reset, you can have your Soundlink Mini back up and running in no time. So read on to learn how to quickly reset your Bose Soundlink Mini speaker!
How to Reset Bose Soundlink Mini?
Resetting your Bose Soundlink Mini speaker is an easy process that can help resolve common issues with connectivity, audio quality, unresponsive buttons, and more. Follow these steps to successfully reset your Soundlink Mini:
Before You Reset Bose Soundlink Mini:
Before beginning the reset process, take a few preparatory steps:
- Update the Soundlink Mini firmware – Connect the speaker to the Bose Connect app to install any available firmware updates. Updating may fix issues without requiring a reset.
- Ensure the speaker battery has at least 50% charge – Resetting can drain the battery, so start with at least a halfway charged battery.
- Back up settings – Reset will erase all saved settings, so back up any favorites to the Bose app.
How to Reset Bose Soundlink Mini?
Once you’ve completed the prep steps, you’re ready to reset the speaker:
- Turn on the Soundlink Mini if it is not already on.
- Locate the mute button at the top of the speaker. It has the universal mute icon on it.
- Press and hold the mute button continuously.
- After 10 seconds of holding the mute button, the speaker will begin a factory reset.
- Do not release the mute button until the speaker fully restarts. This takes 15-20 seconds.
- When the Bose logo appears and the speaker reboots, release the mute button. The reset is now complete.
What to Expect After Resetting?
After resetting, the Soundlink Mini will function like it’s brand new out of the box:
- Previously paired Bluetooth devices will need to be repaired.
- Settings like volume, alarms, etc. will go back to defaults.
- You may need to reconnect WiFi for software updates.
- The battery level remains the same after resetting.
How to Pair Bluetooth Devices After Resetting?
To reconnect your phone, tablet, or computer, follow these steps:
- On your device, go to Bluetooth settings and select “Add New Device”
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the Mini until the light flashes blue
- In the list of available devices, choose “Bose Soundlink Mini”
- After pairing, you’ll hear a tone confirming the connection
- Repeat for any other devices you want to connect
And that’s it! With a simple reset, your Soundlink Mini speaker will be back up and running like normal.
Tips to Avoid Needing Resets
Here are some tips to prevent issues requiring resets in the future:
- Keep firmware updated using the Bose Connect app.
- Prevent damage from moisture, heat, or dropping.
- Don’t place heavy objects on top of the speaker.
- Fully power down rather than idling the speaker.
- Use an audio cable if Bluetooth is problematic.
- Contact Bose support if issues continue after resetting.
Resetting your Bose Soundlink Mini takes just a few minutes and can get your speaker working like new again! Follow the steps in this guide to get your device back up and running.
More Gadgets Guide: